- If you are having trouble getting the bookmarklets setup, please watch the video on this page.
- If you are getting this message from the Config form: “Ticket Email already in use. Please choose another Ticket Email Address” — well this means you have already saved a configuration using that Email address — you will need to change it to some other email address. You can delete the Config from any PodioTools app by following item #4 below. If you already deleted the App that was using that config and want to start over, please email email@example.com and ask us to please remove that email address, let us know which one and tell us that you had already deleted the app so you can’t use the “delete config” button.
- If you have configured PodioTools and NO emails are coming through, watch the most frequent configuration issues video.
- To remove PodioTools completely from a Podio App
- Navigate to your app in Podio
- Click the PodioTools Configure bookmarklet
- Click the “Delete Config” button at the bottom of the form
- If you are receiving an email that says: “PodioForbiddenError: PodioTools was not able to update Podio itemid”, please make sure your App permissions are set correctly. See this page for details.
- If you still have problems, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
More Frequently Asked Questions
Do we have to use a “Contact field” in order to work with PodioTools HelpDesk?
Yes, in order for PodioTools Helpdesk to be able to send and receive emails from Podio, you must configure a “Contact” type field for use with PodioTools. Using this type of field provides you the following advantages when using PodioTools.
- We can send the email with the name AND email address of the recipient
- Allows us to handle multiple recipients
- On incoming emails, we can automatically add any number of CC’d addresses to the Podio Item
- Please configure this App with at least one ‘Contact’ type field with sub-type of ‘Workspace contacts’
To fix this, just check out this video to show you how to configure this properly:
Where can I find information about your Company?
PodioTools is another brainchild of Patrick Steil, owner of infraNET. infraNET has been in business since 1994 and has specialized in web-based software development and website design / Internet marketing for a LONG time! Patrick got his start with the Internet back before there even was a BROWSER and Yahoo was just a popular FTP site! 🙂
infraNET has a staff of 10-12 programmers, designers, HTML content specialists, and more… You can learn more at www.infranet.com.